These are a collection of that-just-happened keepers from my youth. I want to preserve these moments of hilarity for my childhood friends and I, and anyone else who knows the joys of reminiscing such fond memories.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
WORLD'S GREATEST CHEESE SLICER
This one actually happened not too long ago, but I felt it deserved to be here anyway. A couple of years ago, my mother in law came to visit us up in Connecticut. She is an awesome (yes, I'm still talking about my mom-in-law, and no I'm not saying that because I think she might read this), happy-go-lucky lady who says the darndest things and often invites the funniest scenarios. Anyway, one afternoon I walk into our kitchen to find her staring in awe at our cheese slicer, admiring its form. She spots me out of the corner of her eye and says in her thick South African accent, “Unbelievable! This is absolutely the most amazing cheese slicer ever. It cuts the most perfect slices. Where’d you get it??” Just as I was about to answer this odd question, I looked down and noticed she’d been slicing a block of pre-sliced American Cheese. Good ol' Granny Shelley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment